Saturday, August 6, 2016

Saturday Spanking - Under Attack



I’m happy to be back at Saturday Spankings after missing last week. I did come reading and I found books for my vacation. I hope to find more today. There should be a brand new Cassie book out in about a month – more on that soon.
Today’s snippet comes from Cassie Corralled. Cassie did have a life before Tom, and it was as wild one. Allie often pesters Cassie for stories from the ‘old days’ and in this snippet Cassie shares about a time a former boyfriend broke into her apartment with rape on his mind. Cassie manages to bite him and he had fallen from the bed jerking away.


That was the chance I needed. I leaped from the bed and toward my purse lying in the chair. I’m been carrying a gun since I’d become a widow. I had learned quickly that shooting was one thing that came natural to me in the few lessons I’d taken.
My assailant had staggered to his feet and as he looked my way I assume it was his turn to be frightened. The sight of a nude woman that you have just beaten and tried to rape holding a gun on you must, at least, be a sobering sight. I had underestimated his stupidity. 
“You little bitch, you don’t have the guts to shoot anybody.”  
I decided to prove him wrong – I shot him. It was a good shot too, upper arm, I was aiming for a flesh wound and that’s what I got. If I had wanted to kill him I could have, and felt justified, but I clearly remember thinking that I didn’t want to have to deal with the hassle of a dead body in my home. 


Please visit my Amazon Author Page for a full list of all the Cassie books!

Check out more great snippet here.

12 comments:

  1. LOL. Love her reasoning. Dead bodies can be so messy to clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL PK, love her reasoning too. I just love Cassie's pluck :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has that. See why Tom worries about her so much?

      Delete
  3. Wow! That's the kind of excerpt you don't see every day on Sat Spanks. Really enjoyed it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amelia - Cassie was a wild one before Tom tries to do a little taming.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You don't know the half of it! He really did.

      Delete
  5. Just love a Cassie excerpt, PK. Someday I will teach you to shoot.

    Counting the days 'til the new publication.

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might be fun, but I'll never be as good as Cassie.

      Delete