Saturday, August 16, 2014

Saturday Spanking - August, 16


     Happy Saturday! I’m so happy to be able to share some snippets from the latest Cassie book, Cassie’s River Living! Everything is so very close, but just out of reach – I am expecting the cover art and the release date very soon, but I don’t have it quite yet. Nevertheless, I’m putting up a snippet today. I’m also about to get myself in trouble with Mistress Blake, because I running a little over today. I’m hoping she will either forgive me or at least come after me with something leather!
In today’s snipped Cassie has been complaining, once again, about Tom working and has pestered him so about getting home on time for their dinner reservations, that he gave her a hard swat. He goes on to tell her…


“Look, Miss Bossy,” he began, “if I have to take the time this morning to remind you who is in charge around here I’m going to be late to work and there is no telling when I’ll get home. So you just better settle down. Hear me?”
Well I heard one word all right. “Bossy? Bossy! Me? Look who’s calling the kettle black. You think you should control everything. I have never met anyone in my life as bossy as you.”
Tom gave me a hug while I was still rubbing my sore seat. “Ahh, but Cassie, there is a difference. I am the boss. And I think sometimes you forget that fact. Let me reassure you I will not only be home in time to make our dinner reservations, but I will be here in time to give you a clear picture of who is in charge in this house. I hope for your sake that the restaurant has comfortable chairs.”
That kind of talk always makes me squirm, especially when it’s something that will happen at a later time and not immediately. My answer was muffled into his chest as I said in a soft voice, “I know who’s in charge.”
Tom tilted my face up and said, “A little reminder every once in a while never hurt anyone.”
Never hurt? Evidently he’s never felt a reminder from my side. But I could feel tingles of excitement anyway. “Darn it, Tom,” I said as he let go of me and reached for his keys. “Now I really don’t want you to go. How about being late this morning?”
Tom stopped long enough to give me a lingering kiss, which did absolutely nothing to calm the tingles. “I will expect you in the bedroom waiting for me at five sharp. Don’t be late.” And he was out the door and gone. 

Until this one comes out please check out the other Cassie books below.

Meet Cassie, a former wild child, who meets her match, and creates the match of a lifetime. To nearly all who know her now, Cassie is a vivacious, sweet southern lady, who is the epitome of grace and proper behavior. Look a tiny bit closer and you’ll see that Cassie has another side – the one whose language could make a sailor blush as she drinks him under the table.
 Thanks to her loving husband Tom, who even after thirty years of marriage, never hesitates to put Cassie over his knee when she strays too far from his view of ladylike behavior, few people other than close old friends know this side of Cassie exists.
Cassie and Tom show that love and passion are not the sole property of the young. Love and passion grows and changes with age. While aging may bring on challenges – the love and passion between these two people only grows stronger.

Cassie continues to live life to the fullest, from wheeling around in her new sports car to mastering the art of riding a motor scooter with no hands, she manages to keep Tom on his toes. The fly in the ointment is that Tom’s firm wants him back for a project and Cassie wants him all to herself.  When Tom takes the job, Cassie is left lonely and bored – never a good combination for her.
Left to her own devices Cassie makes some poor decisions, frightening Sue and causing Tom to lower the boom. Tom's new schedule for Cassie, including her getting a job, leaves her little time to get herself in trouble – yet she still manages.

Cassie’s on the move and loving life. Through paint ball game in the woods and water park adventure she’s gets to know her new neighbors as the new house is renovated. 
     Cassie is traveling too, from trips with just the girls, to conventions, vacations, and cruises with Tom and friends, she's always ready for the next adventure. But when Cassie begins having dizzy spells Tom thinks a slower pace is in order. Getting Cassie to slow down and take care of herself proves to be quite a challenge. A challenge Tom is more than determined to take on.

Check all the other great snippets out here today.

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely loved this PK, Tom and Cassie are so sweet. "A little reminder never hurt anyone" ... I'm with Cassie, easy for Tom to say! LoL

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth! The commands don't put your hands back and don't kick - they haven't tried it from our side.

      Delete
  2. For some STRANGE reason....! I love this snippet! That man sure knows Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, a promise of things to come! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly things didn't work out as either of them had planned.

      Delete
  4. I do love Tom.

    Look forward to this coming out.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mistress Blake is very forgiving, unlike Mr. Tom. Looking forward to this new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA - then I think you'll like one story in this book particularly!

      Delete
  6. A little reminder never hurt - lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmm. Waiting on pins and needles all day. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does make for an interesting day doesn't it.

      Delete